Monday, November 12, 2007

No Matter Where You Go, There You Are

Liam's picked up a few new bedtime habits lately. Apparently Jill started giving him a couple of books to read in bed during naptime, which he seems to peruse for awhile before going to sleep. Now he's been asking for a couple of books at bedtime as well, so I throw a couple in. I warn him I'm going to turn the lights off, and he's always fine with that.

Until, of course, I actually turn the lights off. Then he shouts "Hey! I can't see where I'm going!"

--------------

I have no idea where this other one comes from. Every so often, after Liam's been in bed for a bit he'll call down for me in the familiar litany: "Dad...Dad...Dad...Dad..." On and on. I'll go up to his room and ask what he wants, and sometimes it's just to utter a bit of wisdom.

"Dad?"

"What, Liam?"

"When it's time to go, it's time to go."

"Uhh, okay. Thanks, buddy. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I'm convinced that 30 years from now this will prove to be a crucial fact that will resurface like a cliched movie flashback, to save my life in the midst of some ill-advised derring-do. I'll call up Liam and say "You know son, you were right. When it's time to go, it IS time to go." And he'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

3 comments:

Chuck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chuck said...

Yeah... that last bit is like something out of a M. Night Shyamalan movie. Like where the kid leaves half full glasses of water EVERYWHERE in the house in the movie Signs.

Tiffanie Hage said...

That is too stinkin' cute!!! Tiffanie

Mood Music