Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Update on the Pandemic

For those of you who weren't aware, Logan shared his influenza with the rest of us last week and Jill and I had a rough few days. Tuesday a week ago I went to work to help with a major Boeing-U.S. Navy meeting, left work with a headache at about 10am, and by 4pm felt like I'd been hit by a truck. My temperature went from 97.8 (I took it in the morning before I left for work, just to be sure) to 103.4 within the span of about 12 hours. Jill had approximately the same experience. I was off work for most of the week, and both of us are still a little weary from the ordeal. But, we're mostly better. Except for Liam, he seems to be bent on keeping the sounds of coughing ringing throughout our house for awhile yet. That's about it, though - it isn't slowing him down like it did us.

In other news, it continues to be dreary and wintery. Jill and I are both sick of it, and I predict massive improvement of mood and outlook once the sun and 60-degree spring temps finally roll around.

--------------

Liam's had a few good one liners lately, just a few things I've tucked away for a post footnote like this:

After I dind't shave one weekend, Liam asked me "Dad, why do you have whiskers like a tiger?" Seriously, it had only been a weekend.

Last Sunday morning he wanted to know "When is Grandma Sue coming to drink coffee?"

The other day - and I don't recall exactly what was said - but he had a comment that definitely included the phrase "I want to go make babies". Jill and I just looked at each other with expressions combining "Did he just-" and "What the?" then burst out laughing. But kind of nervously.

--------------

Also, this is the 100th post on Cobapple. For as long as we've been doing it, it ought to be higher than that. I bet you were expecting some sort of gala bash. Alas.

No comments:

Mood Music