Saturday, October 17, 2009

I Don't Know if We Have a Cleaner for That

So Jill and I were watching the KU-CU football game (a brilliant second-half performance was not enough to overcome two inside-the-10 turnovers by KU) when Logan comes downstairs to inform us that Liam is upstairs crying.

OK.  While cause for concern, that's not an unusual occurance.

He then tells us that he also peed in the fan.

That's definitely a first.

So I get upstairs, and Liam is hiding under his covers, stark naked.  His clothes are a wadded up bundle in the bathroom, and there's obvious wet spots all over the carpet near the fan.  I check a little closer.  Yep, pee all over the fan.  Also all over the dresser.  Oh, and hello, pee all over their Batman laptop and Lego boxes.  I'm wondering what else has been soaked in a finely vaporized spray of urine.  

I asked Liam what happened to his clothes and why there's pee all over the fan.

"I don't know."

Well, that's understandable.  It'd probably take a momentary bout of amnesia for me to pee in a fan, too.  I asked Logan instead.

"He was standing in front of the fan, and he unzipped his pajamas to cool off, and then he just started peeing."

"Is that what happened, Liam?"

"I don't know."

The amnesia's also handy for dealing with the pesky questions in the aftermath.  

So apparently Liam decided to cool off, then decided that what he really needed was a little homemade cooling setup, like those big fans on the football sidelines or at summer festivals that blow misted water all over you too cool off.  It's rather innovative, really.  I mean, that's some pretty quick on-the-spot thinking.  

Still, bleah.

I just know at some point in the future, either Logan or Liam (or Meyer) is going to ask me to take the oscillating fan down from the dresser and put it on the floor, and I'm going to say no.  And they will ask "but why?", and although I never would have imagined it, ever, I'm going to get to say "Because the last time I did that, someone peed in it."

8 comments:

Jerm and Pooks said...

I don't know what to say! That is one of the funniest things I've heard. LOL

Unknown said...

Evaporative cooling at it's best (well, kind of)! Liam is a true Engineer.

Unknown said...

Ewwwwe! Wait a minute... why were you watching KU when Texas was playing Oklahoma this weekend?

Grampa Phil said...

Lisa got a new phone, set it up, checked cobapple, and could barely read it to us through her (and our) laughter. Now I check it out on our Mac and hear the theme music. M'Amy and I are laughing all over again!

Grandma Sue said...

Hysterical! I can just picture it! This definitely sounds like black-mail material to use when Liam is a teenager!

Eric Lenning said...

I love it, especially the priority Logan puts on reporting Liam's crying, like peeing on a fan is the normal part of this event, hardly worth mentioning!

The Barlands said...

HILARIOUS!

Denise said...

Boys will be boys, eh?

Mood Music