Saturday, September 18, 2010

Whee! We're in Dallas!


Only two days in and this vacation has already been a whirlwind! We left St. Charles yesterday afternoon and arrived in Tulsa last night where we met up with my mom and dad plus Lisa, Jeremy and Carter. This morning, after a quick breakfast in the hotel and some passenger shuffling between our van and the Smiths' car, we were on the road again. The kids were all troopers for the long trips, and we finally arrived in Dallas this afternoon around 3:00.

We checked into our hotel, got settled, and then headed out to Bachman Lake Park. The area has a very nice playground and beautiful scenery with the lake right beside it. We didn't spend long there, but we might try to get back for another visit if we find ourselves with some extra time on our hands.


Dinner tonight was recommended by none other than Food Network's Guy Fieri. We treated ourselves to authentic Mexican cuisine at Avila's, and I think everyone enjoyed a tasty meal! Jason and I both had brisket gorditas (made with homemade corn tortillas), and the boys had a cheese quesadilla. Yum!





We have only had a couple of hiccups...well actually, coughs. My dad and Carter are trying to get over colds/coughs they picked up last week, and Logan and Liam are battling some they have just gotten. With my boys' respiratory histories, I am obviously concerned, which is not the ideal state for vacation. (Sheesh! I just want to relax already!) Anyway, we are keeping a watchful eye and hoping things improve. If not, I guess we will add a visit to the local health clinic to our itinerary. Boo.
Tomorrow, we're off to the Stockyards in Ft. Worth!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You wore a KU shirt to Dallas?!? It's like I don't even know you! Enjoy a margarita swirl for me and make sure you see the cattle drive when you are in Cowtown!

Mood Music