Tuesday, October 23, 2012

You Did Ask...

Meyer's gotten to an age where a lot of really amusing stuff comes out of his mouth.  Words, I mean - not bizarrely hilarious substances.  The other day we were sitting on the couch and he came running up after a nap to curl up on my lap.  He started jabbering about something or another, and then said something to the effect of "Daddy - you're a GIRAFFE!"

"No, I'm not a giraffe."

"Yeah you have a long neck!"

"Well, I'm not a giraffe."

"Are you a...frog?!"  No.  "Are you a...lion?!"  No.  "Then what are you?"

"I'm a human."

Meyer looks at Jill sitting next to me and says "Oh, Mom, Daddy's a HUMAN!!"  As if this were some sort of amazing surprise.

She laughed and said to him, 'What are you?"

"I'm me.  I'm Meyer.  I am what I am."

"No, but what ARE you?"

He thinks about it again for a second, then gets very solemn, and with perfect seriousness says, "I...am....IRONMAN."

After we all stopped laughing, Jill says "So what am I?"

Again, with perfect seriousness:  "Oh, Mommy, you're a HIPPO."

Ooooooh.  Walked right into that one, honey.  


No comments:

Mood Music